Wolfram Cerberus exhibits a different personality depending on which head is active.
- Cerberus I (center head) is the main personality. It is this personality that was created directly from the Burst Linker's mind. He is an earnest and hard-working sort, but his interactions with Silver Crow leave a bitter taste in his mouth as to the mission he was given. He is also described as a battling genius by Manganese Blade.
- Cerberus II (left shoulder) is a memory copy of a previous Burst Linker. He is very aggressive, and resents Silver Crow for having destroyed the one thing that made its existence necessary — the Disaster.
- Cerberus III ver. I[note 1] (right shoulder) is a memory copy of Dusk Taker, complete with his special move Demonic Commandeer. It is this personality that the Acceleration Research Society planned to have as the "host" for the new Disaster.
- Cerberus III ver. II[note 1] (right shoulder) is a memory copy of Orchid Oracle, complete with her Incarnate skill Paradigm Breakdown. She replaced Dusk Taker as Cerberus III, after the copy was presumably destroyed by the ISS Kit Main Body's beam of negative incarnation.
Wolfram Cerberus is an artificially created metal-color Duel Avatar, which means that the Acceleration Research Society likely controlled his real-life environment well enough to cause him to become a metal-color. Nothing else is known about his past.
A young middle school boy with short, dark hair.
Wolfram Cerberus is introduced in volume 11 as an extremely strong up-and-coming Burst Linker, having defeated many higher-level foes with his powerful ability, Physical Immunity. After defeating Frost Horn, he challenges Silver Crow, and is able to beat him. However, the next day, he loses for the first time to Silver Crow, who is able to use his Guard Reversal technique to use the terrain's inherent unbreakable properties to deal damage to Cerberus even when his Physical Immunity was active. However, before he was defeated, his personalty switched to Cerberus II, which latched onto Silver Crow's arm and used Wolf Down to copy his Aviation Ability. However, it couldn't use it for long, and fell to the ground, losing the rest of his health.
The next day, he intrudes on a match between Silver Crow and Ash Roller, making it a Battle Royale. During this battle, he successfully counters Crow's technique, but can't land a decisive blow. Silver Crow then persuades him to come with him and enjoy Brain Burst the way it was meant to be played. Unfortunately, Argon Array suddenly appears in the battle and damages all three of them with her lasers. She's fought off by Aqua Current and Silver Crow.
After the battle, Cerberus gets up the courage to show his face to Haruyuki, but runs away, unable to break himself free of the Acceleration Research Society's psychological grasp.
He finally reappears in the sanctuary where the Calamity Armor Mark II is created; he had leveled up to five in order to gain access to the Unlimited Neutral Field, but had less than ten Burst Points remaining because of his mission. He does battle with Silver Crow, but soon after, his personality is switched to Cerberus III, who proceeds to use Demonic Commandeer to steal three of Scarlet Rain's Enhanced Armaments. Then, with the negative energy sent to him from the ISS Kit Main Body, he transforms into Calamity Armor Mark II.
After a long battle, he is finally defeated, but before Lime Bell can retrieve the last Enhanced Armament he had stolen using her Citron Call, he is forcibly disconnected from the Unlimited Neutral Field.
Like his name suggests, his avatar is a brown-tinted matte gray similar to that of wolfram, another name for tungsten. Because tungsten is the hardest metal, he is highly resistant to physical damage, and conversely, can deal high physical damage as well. However, the armor around his joints, neck, and abdomen are weaker. There are also shallow, faint grooves running all along his rough tungsten armor, as if it was unpolished. He has three heads, which decide what personality and abilities he has, though only one is active at any time. The head on his neck is Cerberus I, the head on his left shoulder Cerberus II, and the head on his right shoulder Cerberus III. Each head has a helmet made of two halves separated by teeth-like serrations. Within the helmets, dark goggle-like eyes can be seen on Cerberus I's head, Cerberus II's head emits a dark red glow streaked with black, and Cerberus III's head emits a purple glow identical to Dusk Taker's Nihilistic Fluctuations, or a pink glow identical to Orchid Oracle's Paradigm Breakdown. While the active head is indicated by its open jaws, the active personality still seems to see out of its proper head, i.e. the one belonging to Cerberus I.
While Cerberus I is the main personality, another personality will be summoned if he experiences Zero Fill, such as at the end of his second battle with Silver Crow. However, his personality can be forcibly changed with the voice command "Cerberus Number X activate", with X being the appropriate personality.[note 2]
While Wolfram Cerberus' abilities depend on the active personality, Cerberus I has limited use of every other personality's abilities and incarnation. His Enhanced Armaments are, obviously, shared between all of them.
- The laser cannons, legs, and cockpit of the Invincible (formerly) – Stolen using Demonic Commandeer, these Enhanced Armaments took on a form more suited to the dark purple Dusk Taker than Scarlet Rain. The laser cannons became smaller, but had hands with four claws added onto each of them. Its feet had two claws each, and spikes grew from its shoulders and knees.
- Thrusters of the Invincible – Stolen using Demonic Commandeer, this Enhanced Armament took on a form more suited to the dark purple Dusk Taker than Scarlet Rain. After infusion with the negative incarnation of the ISS Kits, they appeared as 4 elytra on the back of Wolfram Cerberus.
- The Disaster Mk. II – Formed from the parts of the Invincible stolen from Scarlet Rain as well as the negative incarnation farmed using the ISS Kits.
- Physical Immunity – An ability distinct from the hardness that his tungsten armor grants him, Physical Immunity, as its name suggests, grants Cerberus I total immunity to any physical damage, except when facing another similarly physically immune object like the ground of a stage. When activated by slamming his fists together, the "mouth" of his helmet closes, leaving only a thin gap.
- Wolf Down – This ability allows Cerberus II to copy another Duel Avatar's ability or special move and use it himself. When active, Cerberus II's jaws will open wide, and the interior will look like a void, with a dark red glow from deep inside. It will suck part of the target avatar towards it, and while inside, the part will feel an intense discomfort. Cerberus II's jaws will then bite that part off and emulate the avatar's ability, creating a ghostly replica of the parts required. However, there is a time limit to the ability based on how much of the avatar Cerberus II eats. Abilities can be used more than once after copied, but the more the ability is used, the shorter its duration.
- Demonic Commandeer – This special move allows Cerberus III ver. I to take away an ability or Enhanced Armament from the target and transfers it to Wolfram Cerberus indefinitely. He can also give them back to the target, though it would be highly unlikely. There is a limit to how many abilities and Enhanced Armaments he can take. Stolen abilities or Enhanced Armaments will change shape and even attributes to suit Dusk Taker better.
- Other implied abilities that are described as being sealed away, belonging to Cerberus II.
- Nihilistic Fluctuations – Taken from Cerberus III ver. I, or Dusk Taker, this is a versatile incarnation technique surrounding Wolfram Cerberus which can take the shape of claws, swords, and defensive auras. Its Over Rays look like purple liquids of different shades mixing with each other, forming marble-like patterns. It also seems to have a will of its own, defending Cerberus against Incarnation attacks.
- Paradigm Breakdown – Taken from Cerberus III ver. II, or Orchid Oracle, this incarnation skill can bring everything within a 2-kilometer radius into the Unlimited Neutral Field, and can be used even if Wolfram Cerberus is a spectator.
- His avatar is based on the mythical Cerberus of Greek mythology, which had three heads.
- Kawahara Reki revealed that, in the first Accel World Duel Avatar contest, a fan named Alt had designed a Duel Avatar with a lot of points in common with Wolfram Cerberus, named Tungsten Wolfram. He has adopted some ideas from Tungsten Wolfram for Wolfram Cerberus from volume 12 onwards.
- The two Cerberus IIIs are both simply named Cerberus III in the series. Here we distinguish them by naming them versions I and II.
- Only "Cerberus Number One activate" and "Cerberus Number Three activate" have been seen so far, though presumably there is a corresponding command for Cerberus II.