Personality[edit | edit source]
Red Rider was passionate enough to express his dislike towards war and to fight amongst one another to attain level ten and was open-minded to other people's opinions. He was also an optimistic person, believing that the seven major legions can coexist peacefully. He was friendly and willing to trust people as seen during the Kings of Pure Color meeting, where he received a hug from Black Lotus as a sign of respect. However, this would be his undoing as Black Lotus took the chance and used Death By Embracing, decapacitating him.
Background[edit | edit source]
Rider along with the Kings of Pure Color attained level nine and decided to create a treaty that separates their territories and disallowed fighting amongst each other to obtain level ten. To further enhance it, he intended to make an offering of powerful guns to each Legion's King.
Black Lotus killed red Rider due to the White King's interference, who got her hands on one of Red Rider's offering guns and demonstrated their power to Black Lotus, who thus proceeded to destroy Red Rider. However, when one of those guns were transferred to her inventory, she found out that the trigger was permanently locked. In other words, Red Rider's guns were simply an offering of peace.
Sometime before his death, Rider had fought a match with Graphite Edge. During the fight, Graphite Edge had deflected all of the bullets Rider shot back towards him, thus winning the fight.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Plot Outline[edit | edit source]
Crimson Storm Princess Arc[edit | edit source]
Red Rider appears in Opening 1 featuring Chase the World, in the scene where Kuroyukihime is shown chained up.
He also makes an appearance in a flashback that Yellow Radio had previously recorded to incapacitate Black Lotus when he showed it to her. It is revealed during this flashback that the Kings of Pure Color were having a meeting. Red Rider was expressing his opinion against fighting amongst each other and stated that he had respect with one another. Black Lotus replied that she too had respect for him and decided to hug him as a sign of respect. However, the Purple King, Purple Thorn stated that was too much as a sign of jealousy. However, Red Rider responded by indicating that it's Black Lotus' way of shaking hands since she doesn't have any. Black Lotus took advantage of his kindness and used her ability, Death By Embracing to kill him.
Red Emblem[edit | edit source]
Black Lotus, Sky Raker, Ardor Maiden and Silver Crow discovered that Red Rider's emblem, the symbol of his creation, appeared in the ISS Kit. This led Nega Nebulus to believe that somehow Red Rider was involved with the Acceleration Research Society.
Beginning and End[edit | edit source]
Red Rider reappeared in front of Black Lotus, Sky Raker, Ardor Maiden and Aqua Current as a part of the ISS Kit core. At first, they thought Red Rider was an illusion. Red Rider told them he's a fake. Essentially, he's a Fluctlight of the original Burst Linker. He managed to talk to them briefly before being consumed by the negative thoughts of the ISS Kit. After an intense battle, Red Rider was defeated and regained his sanity. He told them someone from the Six Kings of Pure Color was responsible for this. He told them he said to destroy the ISS Kits infecting the players as soon as they destroy the core. He said his farewell to them before returning to the core.
Avatar[edit | edit source]
Red Rider[edit | edit source]
Red Rider takes a humanoid appearance with his entire body colored red. He wears a cowboy-like hat and has a ring attached at his hip. His legs are clad in armor like cowboy boots, complete with spurs behind them.
With his ability Arms Creation, Red Rider is the epitome of a red, long-ranged duel avatar.
Enhanced Armaments[edit | edit source]
- Helios & Eos – Red Rider's main Enhanced Armaments. They are a pair of revolvers with 6 shots each.
- Seven Roads – Purely cosmetic Enhanced Armaments created with Arms Creation. They take the form of revolvers with 7 shots. Each chamber is loaded with a glowing bullet of the color of one of the Kings, red, blue, purple, yellow, green, white, and black. There were presumably 7 such revolvers, as they were created as symbols of peace for the First Meeting of the Seven Kings.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Arms Creation – This ability allows Red Rider to craft Enhanced Armaments and hand them out to other Burst Linkers. Typically, his creations are guns with high accuracy, which he distributed among members of Prominence. This ability is the reason for his redness – as Burst Linkers could travel anywhere and pull the trigger of his Enhanced Armaments, his range is in principle infinite. This ability carries an unknown price every time he creates an Enhanced Armament.
- Distance Safety – An ability that allows Red Rider to lock his creations at will using his emblem, rendering them useless. The emblem is made of two revolvers with their abnormally long barrels crossed. When activated, i.e. when the Enhanced Armament is locked, the revolvers on the emblem rotate so their barrels overlap.
- Auto Reload – This ability reloads Helios and Eos. When their bullets run out, the armor on his arms open up, and speedloaders attached to mechanical arms appear and reload them. This process, from raising his revolvers to flipping the chambers back into their proper position, takes only 2 seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is implied during the flashback, that Red Rider was romantically involved with the Purple King, Purple Thorn.
- This is supported by the fact that Black Lotus explains to Silver Crow when revealing her identity as the Black King that his (Red Rider's) girlfriend, the Purple King, was too distraught by her (Black Lotus') action to do anything during the battle that occurred immediately after the betrayal.