Takumu Mayuzumi (黛 拓武, Mayuzumi Takumu), also known as the Burst Linker Cyan Pile (シアン・パイル, Shian Pairu), is Haruyuki's and Chiyuri's childhood friend. In an attempt to win Chiyu's affection, he regularly abused the Brain Burst program to get perfect grades. However, after being defeated by Haru, he realized the error of his ways and joined Nega Nebulus.
- 1 Personality
- 2 Background
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Plot Outline
- 5 Avatar
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 « Characters »
Personality[edit | edit source]
Takumu is friendly with Chiyuri and Haruyuki and was shown to be kind and well-mannered. Haru looked up to him as a role model and mentor whenever they battled in Accel World together. He is shown to be wise and knowledgeable when it comes to the Brain Burst program, and during battles, he can deduce the most sensible strategy. After joining Nega Nebulus, he calls Kuroyukihime "master" as a sign of respect. His caring way has him trying to stop or resolve arguments which are usually between Kuroyukihime and Yuniko. However, his knowledgeability and kindness are also where some people, such as Yuniko and Kuroyukihime, allow them to make jokes or insults towards him like calling "professor" or "four-eyes." He takes these seriously and becomes depressed.
Background[edit | edit source]
Taku, Haru, and Chiyu were childhood friends when they were younger and still were as they grew older. During that time, Chiyu decided to be in a relationship with Taku who was happy that she chose him. Despite the relationship, the three of them were still close friends. He was excellent in kendo as he won many tournaments and also had perfect scores in school.
However, the reason behind his kendo skills and perfect scores was actually due to him abusing the Brain Burst program. He was introduced to it by his female upperclassman; she was a member of the Blue Legion, Leonids, and through her he subsequently became a member himself, eventually landing him in the good graces of the Blue King, Blue Knight. However, due to his frequent abuse of the program, he was almost always short on Burst Points, causing him to fall out of favor with the rest of the Legion.
At some point, Taku secretly installed an illegal backdoor program into Chiyu's Neuro Linker, allowing him to see everything she saw and access networks she was using. Accessing her school network, he discovered that her student counsil president was the Black King, Black Lotus. Being low on Burst Points, he challanged her in a desperate attempt to win a few off her, but she escaped. Realized her identity had been blown, she gave her copy of Brain Burst to Haru, setting the events of the story into motion.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Takumu has light brown hair and blue eyes. When he was initially seen in the series, he had on his school uniform which was different compared to Chiyu and Haru as he went to a different school than the two of them. His school uniform consisted of a dark gray coat with the same colored pants. He was also seen carrying his kendo equipment.
After joining Nega Nebulus, he transferred to Haru's school, and his school uniform now consists of a lighter blue blazer with a white shirt underneath and a green tie. He has weak eyesight, which he used to correct using the vision correction feature of his Neuro Linker. He now wears glasses as he told Kuroyukihime that he wanted to see the world with his own eyes.
Plot Outline[edit | edit source]
Return of the Black Snow Princess Arc[edit | edit source]
After Kuroyikihime was hospitalized, Taku and Haru figure out each other's true objectives and identities. During their fight, Taku reveals his feelings about how Haru would always get between him and Chiyu and that she would care more about him instead of her boyfriend. However, after their battle, the two made up and started their friendship from the beginning once more along with Chiyu.
Return of the Black Snow Princess (Side Story)[edit | edit source]
With Kuroyukihime's help, Taku can realize his true self and decides to join Nega Nebulus to help their cause and Haruyuki as well.
Crimson Storm Princess Arc[edit | edit source]
Dusk Robber Arc[edit | edit source]
Flight Towards the Blue Sky Arc[edit | edit source]
Taku, as Cyan Pile, participates alongside the rest of Nega Nebulas in the «Hermes Cord Trasversing Race».
Shrine Maiden of the Sacred Fire Arc[edit | edit source]
During the operation to rescue ex-Nega Nebulas member Ardor Maiden, he acts as a messenger between real life and the Accelerated World, as Cyan Pile is a pure CQC specialist with no capabilities to avoid the fierce attacks of Suzaku.
Armor of Catastrophe Arc[edit | edit source]
Near the end of the arc, Silver Crow confronts Cyan Pile and he is revealed to is one of the players infected by the ISS Kit.
The Binary Stars of Destiny Arc[edit | edit source]
It is revealed how Cyan Pile was effected by the ISS Kit; he was assaulted by the Player Killer group «Supernova Remnant», who had a contract paid with real money on Silver Crow, and was forced to fight a «Sudden Death Duel» with the same conditions as the one with Dusk Taker. As he was about to lose, Magenta Scissor appeared before him and gave him the ISS Kit. Activating it, he easily defeated «Supernova Remnant», which caused them to lose all their Burst Points due to the conditions of the «Sudden Death Duel».
The next day, regretting uninstalling «Supernova Remnant», he confronts Haruyuki demanding he duels him. At this point, the ISS Kit had already manifested and started to control his emotions and thoughts via nightmares, even when he takes his Neurolinker off, appearing in the form of an eye in his «Pile Driver». After an intense fight, during which Silver Crow managed to equip an arm of the uncorrupted Disaster Armor, «The Destiny», and counter Cyan Pile's negative Incarnation with his own, the ISS Kit attempted to infect Silver Crow as well, causing Cyan Pile to stab himself in the neck using «Lightning Cyan Spike» to put an end to it before Silver Crow was also infected. Unfortunately, this did not destroy the ISS Kit Taku had already been infected with.
Upon realizing that the ISS Kit could still affect him even with the neurolinker off, Taku, Haru and Chiyu decide to have a sleepover at Chiyuri's house to keep watch on him. After realizing that Lime Bell's «Citron Call» wouldn't be effective, they decide to direct link before falling asleep. Confronting the ISS Kit's main body at the main server of Brain Burst, instead of running Cyan Pile confronted the darkness of the main body head on, using «Cyan Blade» to destroy it before finally waking up with a completely purged Takumu.
Avatar[edit | edit source]
Network Avatar[edit | edit source]
Takumu's avatar resembles the Tin Man. His whole body is covered tin with a cone-shaped tin hat on top of his head.
Cyan Pile[edit | edit source]
Takumu's Duel Avatar is Cyan Pile. Cyan Pile's appearance is very similar to a knight. His body is metallic, heavily armored and on his shoulders are two protruding crystals.
His face is covered by a kendo mask and possesses a large body as a result of his desire to become a swordsman, yet his intense fear of thrust attacks after he was bullied is what led to the formation of his Pile Driver. Takumu has speculated that his conflicting feelings about Haruyuki and Chiyuri are what led to the contradictory nature of Cyan Pile, being a blue Avatar with a focus on ranged attacks.
Enhanced Armaments[edit | edit source]
- Pile Driver – Cyan Pile's starter armament. Functioning similar to Sky Raker's Gale Thruster, Pile Driver has an internal gauge that depletes when the Enhanced Armament is activated, giving it a "cool-down" time between uses. This passive ability does not consume Cyan Pile's special-attack gauge.
- ISS Kit (formerly) – It was equipped to fight off Supernova Remnant. It has since been removed.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Splash Stinger – Cyan Pile's level 2 special move, which consumes approximately 0.3 of his special gauge when activated. The panel on Pile's chest opens and fires multiple spike-like projectiles at his enemy.
- Spiral Gravity Driver – Cyan Pile's level 3 special move. This move can only be activated when pointing perpendicular to the ground. The metal spike within his Pile Driver retracts into it, and a metal drill more than twice as thick as the metal spike drills into the ground. The back of the Pile Driver emits flames like a rocket to cancel the recoil. When enhanced with Incarnation, the drill becomes corundum.
- Lightning Cyan Spike – Cyan Pile's Level 4 special move, which consumes 0.4 of his special gauge when activated. It is a heat- and piercing-type attack that converts the pile to a plasma then launches it.
Incarnation[edit | edit source]
- Cyan Blade – This is a second-quadrant firing range expansion-type Incarnation Skill, obtained after training with Scarlet Rain. Cyan Pile shoots the pile out of his Pile Driver and catches it, then forms it into a sharp blade.
- Lightning Dark Spike (formerly) – Likely an Incarnation-enhanced Special Move. It uses up the entire Special Gauge to fire an extremely fast bolt of negative Incarnation. Even Silver Crow could not see its trajectory..
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Accel World Anime, Episode 10
- Accel World Anime, Episode 7
- Accel World Volume 07 Chapter 8
- Accel World Volume 08 Chapter 3
- Accel World Volume 11 Chapter 4
- Accel World Volume 12 colored pages
- Accel World Volume 08 Chapter 4
- Accel World Volume 15 Chapter 3
- Accel World Volume 15 Chapter 2
- Accel World Volume 18 Chapter 3
- Accel World Volume 15 Chapter 9
- Accel World Volume 11 Chapter 3
- Accel World Volume 07 Chapter 10