Lilya Usachova (リーリャ・ウサチョヴァ, Riirya Usachova) is a Level 4 Burst Linker currently belonging to the Mathematics and Martial Arts Research Club (or "Enbuken") at Seibi Academy. She is one of the club's two freshman members, along with Chigira Chiaki, and is one of the main characters of Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden.
Background[edit | edit source]
Lilya was born in Russia, but at some point, she moved to Japan and attended school there. Despite not knowing any Japanese, she quickly became friends with Noriko Washizuka. However, Noriko and friends of hers started bullying her psychologically during middle school, after they enrolled at Seibi Academy.
Information about her family is completely unknown. The only other known detail about her past was in the nightmare she had after installing Brain Burst, which depicted her as a young girl walking through a forest, going into a log cabin, and seeing two towering silhouettes hovering over her.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Lilya has long, blonde hair, and wears a purple headband. She has blue eyes. She is also about as short as Chiaki.
Plot Outline[edit | edit source]
Chapter 1 through 5[edit | edit source]
Lilya first appears in the school's local network, where her avatar is a small rabbit. Chiaki chases after her a couple of times, but Lilya evades her each time. Later, she is bullied by Noriko and her two friends outside the school grounds – likely a blind spot in the Social Camera Network. The next day, the bullying continues as she's shoved into a bathroom stall and told to find something in the school's local network. However, this time, Chiaki spots her and catches her after cornering her at the top of a tall tree.
Chiaki immediately logs out and runs to the bathroom, where she ignores the three bullies and invites Lilya into the Enbuken. Lilya happily accepts, and later that day Yuuko Hoori becomes her parent, and she becomes a Burst Linker. Once her Avatar is created, they go into the Accelerated World to see it. Surprisingly, the doll-like Iris Alice has absolutely no Special Moves or Abilities; the only thing that can be seen is a small vial of liquid in her hand.
The four Burst Linkers from Seioh Academy then appear, and Zircon Paladin want a battle with Aluminum Valkyrie as payback for the last time they fought, which concluded with Valkyrie's decisive victory. However, Valkyrie refuses, because she overdid it the other night playing 30 matches in a row. Iris Alice is then made to fight him, and she loses pretty much without doing anything except for being a klutz. After logging out, Yuuko and Kuruma apologize to her for not actually teaching her anything about the game yet. Chiaki, however, promises to "awaken the sleeping Lilya."
Avatar[edit | edit source]
Iris Alice[edit | edit source]
Lilya's Duel Avatar has a small, purplish-blue doll-like figure. Her body is quite fragile, and has no special moves or abilities in her default state. Later on, Chiaki and Yuuko give her an outfit consisting of a frilly dress and a sun hat.
Her parent is Orange Raptor.
Enhanced Armaments[edit | edit source]
- Little Bottle – An Enhanced Armament that looks like a small glass vial. It can be broken to access the ability Two Face.
- Queen's Astrology – A bludgeon-like Enhanced Armament, which is Iris Alice's level 2 bonus. It has a hand guard on its long handle as well as large studs on its head. The head is topped with a star. When summoned, this giant bludgeon falls from the sky and lands in front of Iris Alice. It appears to have no special properties other than being a heavy bludgeoning weapon.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Two Face – When her Little Bottle is shattered, this ability appears on her status screen, and can be activated with the voice command "Eat me", using up her entire Special Gauge. Immediately after activation, she is encased in sharp pillars of ice. A few seconds later, her Avatar is transformed from a fast but small and weak doll into a giant, strong, but slow monster, which Skazka Priskazka has named Mii. This form change is irreversible; Iris Alice will not be reset until the duel ends or she exits through a Portal.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
- Solo Hammer Rally – Using Queen's Astrology and her speed in her base form, Iris Alice is able to treat her target like a tennis ball, batting them back and forth by herself. This technique was suggested by Chigira Chiaki.
Level-Up Bonuses[edit | edit source]
When Iris Alice became level 2, she was presented with four choices for her level-up bonus:
- Special Move Teatime Set
- Enhanced Armament Queen's Astrology – Chosen. See above.
- Ability Advantage Step
- Snow Devil Area Enlargement
She later chose to upgrade Snow Devil for her level 3 and 4 bonuses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The rabbit Lilya uses as an avatar in the local network is a pun on her last name, Usachova; "usa" is short for "usagi," which means "rabbit."
References[edit | edit source]
- Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden volume 1
- Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden volume 2
- Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden volume 3
- Magisa Garden Volume 05
- Magisa Garden #010: Avatar of Fury
- Magisa Garden #005: Bitterblossom
- Magisa Garden #018: Rise and Fall
- Magisa Garden #056: Fire+Ice
- Magisa Garden #021: Sweet Revenge
- Magisa Garden #019: Chance Encounter