Mihaya Kakei (掛居 美早 , Kakei Mihaya), also known as the Burst Linker Blood Leopard (ブラッド・レパード, Buraddo Repādo), is the Sub-Master of the Red Legion, Prominence, under the second Red King, Scarlet Rain.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Mihaya is not very emotional, but she has displayed loyalty and trust in her Legion Master, Scarlet Rain. She is known to accomplish any task given to her in an efficient manner. She asks Haruyuki to call her 'Leopard' or 'Pard' if he must shorten her name.
Background[edit | edit source]
Not much is currently known about Mihaya except that she works as a waitress at a cafe called Strawberry Palace and is a loyal member of Prominence. She is also the real life cousin and Child of Aqua Current.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
She is a young woman with black hair and red-violet eyes. She wears a maid outfit for work in the cafe, but will also wear it while she is working on Prominence business.
Plot Outline[edit | edit source]
Flight Towards the Blue Sky Arc[edit | edit source]
While Mihaya was on shift at the cake shop, Yuniko Kozuki, Haruyuki Arita and Takumu Mayuzumi arrived to ask the Red King to teach Taku the Incarnate System. While Scarlet Rain and Cyan Pile trained in the Unlimited Neutral Field, Mihaya was assigned to help Haru determine how Seiji Noumi stayed hidden from the matching lists.
Mihaya explained to him that there had been rumors of similar occurrences in Akihabara and took him on her motorcycle to investigate. Their search leads them to an arcade and the dive cafe above it, which is a neutral ground for Burst Linkers. As they made a direct link, Mihaya used a filter on Haru's VR avatar to make him appear as a pink dinosaur so that no one would recognize him. She then asked the bartender, Matchmaker about the rumors. Matchmaker confirmed that someone named Rust Jigsaw showed up a week earlier who was able to hide from the matching lists to challenge others at his pleasure.
Mihaya planned on baiting Rust Jigsaw by pairing up with Haru, suspecting that Rust Jigsaw would challenge them because of the rumors that Silver Crow had lost his wings. She warned Haru to avoid using incarnation abilities unless Jigsaw does, explaining that overuse of Incarnation is what created Chrome Disaster. Sure enough, Rust Jigsaw took the bait and challenged them. Leopard did most of the fighting and won the match. They returned to the real world and went searching for Rust Jigsaw, as the bite Leopard put on his duel avatar's neck would hurt him in the real world.
They lost Jigsaw. However, their encounter gave Haruyuki the insight as to how Noumi was able to hide from the matching list.
Archangel of Savage Light[edit | edit source]
During the "Aqua Current Rescue Mission", the original plan was for Silver Crow to distract the level-draining orbs long enough for Aqua Current and the others to escape the bridge. However, a second, stray orb shot from Seiryuu started to target the Nega Nebulus and Prominence members at the far side of the bridge.
However, Blood Leopard jumped in front of the orb and took the shot upon herself. Here, it is revealed that Blood Leopard had been refraining from leveling up from level-6, building up a stock of points, for this very mission. Seiryuu's level draining ability first drained all excess burst points. Only then will the level dropping begin to occur. Knowing this, Blood Leopard had been building up a large stock of extra burst points to counter Seiryuu's level draining ability for the past few years.
After absorbing the Seiryuu's level-draining orb into herself, Blood Leopard ran to the bridges' exit. Afterwards, all of the members of the rescue mission - including Aqua Current - made it safely out form the gates of the Imperial Palace.
When asked about Blood Leopard's reduced points shortly afterwards, Leopard simply replied "NP", saying that she could just earn more. Here, Lime Bell was suddenly struck by an idea. Seiryuu's stealing of Leopard's points was a form of status change. Thus, Lime Bell's Citron Call Mode II would be able to take back Leopard's stolen points. After doing so, all of Leopard's stolen points were restored.
Now, with the "Aqua Current Rescue Mission" completed, Blood Leopard decided to level up. Using her recovered points, she increased her level from 6 -> 8.
The End and the Beginning[edit | edit source]
After Black Vise captured Scarlet Rain, Silver Crow and Blood Leopard split up to thwart the plot of the Acceleration Research Society. While Silver Crow chased after Black Vise, Blood Leopard chased after Argon Array, Black Vise's accomplice.
Using her sealed-away special attack, "Bloodshed Cannon", Blood Leopard successfully caught up with Argon Array. Blood Leopard then used her life-stealing attack, "Vital Bite", to absorb Argon Array's health gauge. However, Argon Array, while distracting Leopard through her use of small-talk, used her Incarnate Attack "Infinite Array" to escape. This Incarnate skill, which shot lasers in all directions from all over Argon Array's body, severely injured Leopard.
Afterwards, Argon Array used her special attack "Razzle Dazzle" to travel through a "shadow portal" created by Black Vise. After recovering from her shock, Leopard, with the help of Cyan Pile's "Spiral Gravity Driver", followed Argon Array through the portal.
After going through the portal, Blood Leopard, Cyan Pile, and Lime Bell met up with Silver Crow and Metatron. However, right before the group prepared to fight Black Vise and Argon Array, a third avatar, Wolfram Cerberus, dropped down from the sky.
In the fight that followed, Blood Leopard fought Argon Array. On the other hand, Silver Crow fought Wolfram Cerberus, and Cyan Pile, with the support of Lime Bell, fought Black Vise. After Cerberus was defeated by Crow, Argon Array forcefully activated Cerberus' third personality, which is revealed to be the "ghost" of Dusk Taker.
While Black Vise used "Octahedral Isolation" to form a cage around Scarlet Rain, Wolfram Cerberus, now with the personality of Dusk Taker, began to steal Scarlet Rain's Enhanced Armament known as "Invincible". However, before Cerberus could steal the last piece of the five-part Enhanced Armament, Cyan Pile broke through the cage using his "Spiral Gravity Driver". Now, with Scarlet Rain on their side, Blood Leopard, Silver Crow, Cyan Pile, and Lime Bell prepared to fight the three members of the Acceleration Research Society.
However, at this moment, Black Lotus, Sky Raker, Ardor Maiden, and Aqua Current defeated the ISS Kit main body. With its impending death, the main body of the ISS Kits sent out a red ray, which contained all of its built-up negative Incarnation, towards Wolfram Cerberus/Dusk Taker. As Cerberus was hit by the red ray, Dusk Taker's personality was overwritten and allegedly deleted. In response, Argon Array and Black Vise, remarking that "it's too soon", left the Unlimited Neutral Field in order to pull out Cerberus' cable.
Meanwhile, the members of Nega Nebulus and Prominence watched as the "Wolfram Cerberus" duel avatar, the Enhanced Armament "Invincible", and the AI born from the ISS Kits combined to form the "Armor of Catastrophe, Mark II".
Snow White's Slumber[edit | edit source]
During the fight against the "Armor of Catastrophe, Mark II", Pard played an attacking role. When Mark II was crushing Silver Crow and Scarlet Rain in its hands, Blood Leopard saved the two by sniping the Armor's eye, its weak spot, using her special attack "Bloodshed Cannon". Because of this attack, Silver Crow successfully executed a high altitude drop combined with a dive kick on Mark II, defeating it.
Afterwards, Chiyuri used her Citron Call Mode II to take back Scarlet Rain's Enhanced Armament. However, before all the parts of "Invincible" could be taken back, Wolfram Cerberus vanished from the Unlimited Neutral Field, as his cord was pulled out by Argon Array and Black Vise who had returned to the real world. Thus, the fifth piece of "Invincible", the thrusters, was still in the possession of Wolfram Cerberus.
White Legion Arc[edit | edit source]
Afterwards, right before the attack on Minato III, the Legion Merger was successfully carried out. Prominence and Nega Nebulus were now merged into a single legion, with Black Lotus as its Legion Master.
During the territory attack on Minato III, the headquarters of the White Legion, Oscillatory Universe, Blood Leopard and the other members of the attacking team were trapped in an Infinite PK trap by Snow Fairy and Glacier Behemoth of the White Legion.
After they were released from the ice cage of Behemoth's "Last Glacial Period", Blood Leopard assisted in the attack on the White Legion members. The other members of the third Nega Nebulus used flashy Incarnate attacks to allow Leopard to snipe Ivory Tower with her "Bloodshed Cannon".
When attacked by Blood Leopard's "Blooshed Cannon", Ivory Tower was forced to use Black Vise's skill Layered Armor to protect himself. Here, it is revealed that Ivory Tower was the alternate ego of Black Vise. This evidence, which was videotaped by Chocolate Puppeteer, was later used to incriminate the White Legion as the headquarters of the Acceleration Research Soceity.
After Orchid Oracle changed the Unlimited Neutral Field back into the regular territories stage, Nega Nebulus defeated Oscillatory Universe, taking control of Minato III.
Avatar[edit | edit source]
Blood Leopard[edit | edit source]
Blood Leopard is based on a leopard. She has a feline shaped head with yellow eyes. Her body is mostly colored in shades of red with armored shoulder guards. She has a blue jewel right below her neck that is shaped in Prominence's symbol and also another blue jewel in the middle of her torso. When she uses her Shape Change ability, she drops onto four paws and appears more like an actual leopard.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Blood Leopard's abilities revolve around her speed and power. Red avatars typically use ranged attacks, but she mostly uses her claws and teeth as a proficient close combat brawler.
Shape Change - Blood Leopard can freely shift from human form to leopard form. Each form has its own unique abilities and characteristics.
- Mental Bite - Blood Leopard bites her opponent and slowly absorbs the special attack gauge of her victim. Only usable in her Human form.
- Agility - As a passive ability, Blood Leopard's speed and maneuverability increase greatly when in her leopard form, allowing her to quickly close the gap to her opponents to deal high melee damage.
- First Blood - First Blood, at the cost of her special-move gauge, allows Blood Leopard to surpass her normal speed limits and run at 200 kilometers per hour.
- Wall Running - As her level-7 bonus, Blood Leopard acquired the ability to run normally on any surface without using her special-move gauge. This ability allows her to freely navigate and attack in three dimensions at high speeds.
- Vital Bite - When biting an opponent, Blood Leopard can consume the victim's health gauge to use as her own at a 1:1 ratio. This "life-stealing" ability can only be used in her Leopard form.
- Bloodshed Cannon - Her special attack, Bloodshed Cannon, fires herself as a projectile, boasting a nearly guaranteed instant kill if she collides with her opponent. However, if she collides into a hard object or the stage floor, there is almost no chance of survival. The twilight stage's weak structures allowed her to chain shots to catch up to a fleeing Argon Array, as the stage destruction bonus allowed her to fully recharge her special attack gauge every time she used Bloodshed Cannon. This special attack was the source of her nickname, "Bloody Kitty", as she damaged herself when attacking. Bloodshed Cannon is also a potential source of her avatar name, "Blood Leopard", as "Leopard" can also mean the tank as well as the animal.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kakei often uses text-based internet/text-message colloquialisms such as "GG" and "NP" even outside of Brain Burst.
- Her Avatar, Blood Leopard, is part of the Prominence Triplex along with Cassis Moose and Thistle Porcupine, who also have animal transformations. Because of this, the Triplex is also called "Team Beast".
- When Aqua Current selected Sand Duct & Nickel Doll in the list, the above tag team was Platinum Ribbon & Blood Love. This makes Blood Leopard and Blood Love the only pair of known Avatars with the same color..
- Based on her special attack, "Bloodshed Cannon", Mihaya admits that the "Leopard" in her avatar name "Blood Leopard" can mean the tank as well as the animal.
- Kawasumi Ayako, Mihaya's Japanese voice actor, also voices Aki Natsuki in Sword Art Online.
References[edit | edit source]
- Accel World Short Story, Prominence Trajectory
- Accel World Light Novel Volume 19, Chapter 2
- Accel World Light Novel Volume 15, Chapter 2
- Accel World Light Novel Volume 15, Chapter 2
- Accel World Episode 07