Personality[edit | edit source]
He is described as a silent and intelligent person. Infact, during Infinite∞Burst, Nega Nebulus was surprised he even spoke. In addition, unlike the other Kings, he bears no grudge against Black Lotus after she beheaded Red Rider.
Background[edit | edit source]
Green Grandé is one of the Originators who received Brain Burst directly from the creator. Over the years he gainted quite a reputation, with him only ever having lost duels due to TIME OUTs. It is also said that he gained most of his Burst Points by hunting Enemies in the Unlimited Neutral Field by himself. In addition, he was present during the fights against all the previous generations of Chrome Disaster, up until the fourth one.
Upon reaching level nine, he and the other Kings of Pure Color, decided to create a treaty that separates their territories and disallowed fighting amongst each other to obtain level ten. During this time of peace, the only way for Burst Linkers to gain more Burst Points was to hunt Enemies in Unlimited Neutral Field. Therefore, he continued hunting enemies and gave the Burst Points they dropped to low-lever Enemies, thereby making it easier for lower-level Burst Linkers to obtain Burst Points and supporting the Accelerated World's existance.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Green Grandé's real world appearance is currently unknown.
Plot Outline[edit | edit source]
Crimson Storm Princess Arc[edit | edit source]
Green Grandé appears in a flashback of Kuroyukihime's recorded the memory of her as Black Lotus in the fight against the fourth Chrome Disaster. Grandé was currently engaged in a fight with Chrome Disaster by himself. He can go on par with it and defend against its attacks with his shield. However, Chrome Disaster was about to attack him with a sneak attack, but Grandé was saved by the appearance of Black Lotus.
Avatar[edit | edit source]
Green Grandé[edit | edit source]
Green Grandé has a humanoid shape with a rather large body. He is heavily armored and is about twice the size of a normal Duel Avatar. His body is colored mostly in green with yellow jewels on his arms and shield.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Given Green Grandé's title of "Indestructible," he has extremely durable armor and high defensive power. According to the current Red King's Incarnate System ability, the Green King is the strongest of all the Kings and is together with Blue Knight one of the two Burst Linkers who almost never fight at their full strength. His shield is one of the Seven Arcs, the Third star of the Dipper «Gamma»; «The Strife» while his listed ability in volume 12 is «Double Payback» which reflects the damage you received but doubled his Incarnate System abilities allowed him to endure through the 6th Chrome Disaster's Incarnate System fueled sword attack utilizing the 3rd's sword skills which split a skyscraper from the Demon City upon their clash. Upon receiving a 3 cm scratch to The Strife, he declares Silver Crow to be the victor although he did not manage even to inflict the slightest damage.
He is also a consummate Enemy hunter, leaving the card points so other Enemies will devour them and when slain players will receive additional rewards; thus, in this manner, he supports the Accelerated World's existence. Furthermore, as a True Originator, Green Grandé possesses knowledge Black Lotus failed to pass on to Haruyuki such as the existence of other programs like AccelAssault2038 (Featured in the 1st OVA) and CosmoCorrupt2040, as well as an unlimited license copy of Brain Burst, thus being able to pass as many copies of Brain Burst as he desires.
Special Moves[edit | edit source]
- Parsec Wall: The shield emits a bright glow across the line frame, before shooting a sphere out at a target to create a pressure force of a wall. This offensive type works in pushing a force back. But it can also work defensively to create a digital cubic pattern around himself & allies. While it provides a powerful & indestructible defense, this skill has a time limit up to 2 minutes. Noted: This made it's first anime appearance in the Accel World: Burst Infinite.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is said Green Grandé gained most of his Burst Points by hunting "enemies" in the Unlimited Neutral Field by himself. He also gives the points he makes hunting Enemies to low-level Burst Linkers, free of charge.
- Grandé has only lost duels due to time out.
- Silver Crow calling out Green Grandé as the Game Master due to his knowledge of the game's inner mechanics is most likely a reference to Sword Art Online. He and another character from that universe share the title of «Invulnerable» and the fact that their Health Gauges never went below yellow.
References[edit | edit source]
- Accel World Light Novel Volume 09