(implied, not confirmed) Graphite Edge (グラファイト・エッジ, Gurafaito Ejji) is a Level 8 Burst Linker associated with the element of earth and a member of Nega Nebulus before Black Lotus' disappearance.
He is an Originator.
He likes to give other nicknames and has a personality akin to a child.
He was the "Earth" of the Elements, the elite, elemental-themed group of Burst Linkers belonging to Nega Nebulus. After Black Lotus reached Level 9 and the Certain Death Rule was revealed, Edge, who also had enough points to reach Level 9, decided against doing it.
It has been revealed he was already rescued and is currently the First Seat of the Six Layered Armor of Great Wall. His reason for joining them is because as a hostage deal with Green Grandee in exchange for providing protection for the surviving members of Nega Nebulus.
Graphite Edge's real world appearance is currently unknown.
Plot Outline Edit
In Volume 18, it was revealed that the reason for his defection is that he made a deal with Green Grandee. In exchange for joining Great Wall, Green Grandee would shelter the surviving Nega Nebulus members in the Shouts area. It is also revealed that he is also the parent of Azure Heir and is together with him inside the Imperial Palace in the Unlimited Field.
Graphite Edge Edit
Graphite Edge has a round black head, not unlike a helmet. He has a long black coat with collars. He also carries two swords on his back.
Graphite Edge's skills in close combat are equal or even superior to Black Lotus. In fact, she never beat him during one of their training matches, even when she was one Level higher than him. The only time she did win was due to an accident where he fell off the tower they used as their arena. He also reached all the requirements for becoming Level 9 around the same time as the Pure-Colored Kings, proving his skills rivaled theirs.
However, despite his overwhelming skill, his Dual Avatar's resistance to attacks is fragile. True to his namesake, his defense is so weak that even Ardor Maiden could defeat him in close combat while unarmed.
Enhanced Armaments Edit
Graphite's Edge's primary Enhanced Armament is a pair of swords called «Lux and Umbra». Both are made of Hyper Diamond, the hardest material in the Accelerated World. His swords are so durable that they allow him to block almost any physical attack, including Lotus' "all-cutting slashes". For this reason he was given the nickname «Anomaly».
Graphite Edge possesses a large variety incarnate skills that come in the form of sword techniques:
- Vertical Square
- Vorpal Strike
- Starbust Stream
- The Eclipse
- Since Graphite Edge has invited Azure Heir, who is possibly a member of the royal family, into the game, he may have connections with the royal family of Japan.
- Fans have theoreticized that Graphite Edge is in fact Kirito himself, despite Reki Kawahara stating many times that Accel World and Sword Art Online are supposed to exist in different realities, albeit with some references here and there. However there is no concrete evidence that supports this statement.
- Kuroyukihime learned Vorpal Strike, Starburst Stream and The Eclipse from Graphite Edge. Those moves are among Kirito's signature skills.
- Edge's fighting style mirrors Kirito greatly, as mentioned by Kirito in Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight. Instead of confirming or denying this, Edge happily laughs it off as a coincidence.
- His voice actor in Millennium Twilight is simply credited to ???, and his actual voice in the game is heavily filltered. His behavior and similarity of voice suggests several implications that his voice actor is in fact Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, the same as Kirito. Despite this, Graphite Edge's true identity (and "official" voice actor from the game) remains a mystery.