Officially Brain Burst 2039 (ブレインバースト2039, Burein Bāsuto 2039), also known by its filename,
BB2039.exe, is a secret application which allows a person to make time seemingly stop by "accelerating" their brainwaves.
The creator of the Brain Burst program is still unknown, but it is widely believed by many Burst Linkers that once a player reaches level 10, they will be introduced to the creator and will learn all the secrets about the Brain Burst program.
Install Brain Burst[edit | edit source]
In order to install the Brain Burst program, the person needs to be invited by another Burst Linker and be sent an invitation through the Neuro Linker. This can only be done once for each Linker, meaning that each one can invite only one player to the game. Even when the invitation fails, a different player can't be invited. There are some specific conditions for the installation to be completed successfully, which are having the Neuro Linker on starting shortly after birth, and certain brain speed reaction. If all of the conditions are not met, then the installation fails. The Burst Linker who invited the person becomes their guardian and has a close connection with him/her.
Burst Points[edit | edit source]
The times a person can accelerate are limited and depend on the number of Burst Points they have. When a Burst Linker accelerates for the first time, they start with a total of 100 Brain Burst Points. Each time the Burst Linker accelerates, they lose 1 Burst Point. However, there are other Burst Link abilities that are obtained by the Burst Linker as they level up their Duel Avatar with each of the abilities varying in the cost of Burst Points. Burst Points are mainly earned by fighting and defeating other Burst Linkers in the program’s online multiplayer fighting game, but can also been earned by defeating The Enemy, but only 10 Brain Burst Points will be earned.
Brain Burst Matches[edit | edit source]
In order to connect to the online multiplayer fighting game of Brain Burst, the person has to be connected to the network via his/her Neuro Linker. After connecting, they are automatically added to the matchmaking list of the network where he/she connected to, where other Burst Linkers also appear on it if they are in the vicinity. Burst Linkers can then challenge others by choosing their name on the list. The fights there can be either between individuals or between pairs and teams. One may also choose to spectate matches. While normally spectators cannot enter a 10-meter-radius of the combatants, this is disabled by default for Parents and Children, and there is an option to turn it off entirely.
Each Duel Avatar has an energy gauge that is lowered when receiving damage and is represented in blue. The special gauge that is used for special moves, which is increased when receiving damage or delivering damage or damaging field objects, is represented in green. Each battle has a time limit of 1800 seconds unless they are in the Unlimited Neutral Field. The goal is to decrease your opponent's energy gauge down to zero to win the match. If time runs out, whoever of the two combatants have the higher health points is indicated as the winner. If the two Burst Linkers are at the same level, losing a battle causes the Linker’s points to reduce by 10 and the winner gains 10 points.
Uninstallment of Brain Burst[edit | edit source]
Brain Burst will be uninstalled when any of the following conditions are fulfilled:
- When one's burst points were depleted to zero under any conditions.
- When one manually uninstalls the program from his/her Neuro Linker.
- When Judgement Blow is used on a Burst Linker by their Legion Master. Any linker that is not in a Legion cannot be ousted this way as they do not have any Legion Master (however, the Judgement Blow is still effective for one month after a member leaves their respective Legion).
When Brain Burst is uninstalled, the person's memories pertaining to it are completely erased. In addition, Brain Burst cannot be reinstalled once uninstalled as Brain Burst recognizes players by their brain waves, not by their Linker.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Brain Burst requires that any potential Burst Linker must have been wearing a Neuro Linker since as soon as one month after birth.. It has been stated that Neuro Linkers have existed for about 15 years now. This means that there are no adult Burst Linkers. Kuroyukihime stated that this is the reason why Burst Link remains a secret.
- Kuroyukihime tells Haruyuki that Brain Burst crushes your reality and reconstructs it completely
- The novel states that there are around 1000 Burst Linkers.
- A Burst Linker can only give Brain Burst to one other person, regardless of the installation's success or not.
- This limitation is not applicable to the Originators, as they are given the privilege to recruit as many potential players as they wish to expand the game's player base at its inception.
- A level 9 Burst Linker must defeat 5 other level 9 Burst Linkers in order to level up to level 10. When a Level 9 Burst Linker is defeated by another Level 9 Burst Linker, all of the losers Burst Points are lost and Brain Burst forcefully uninstalls itself from the losing party.
- This rule can be applied to Burst Linkers level 4 and above through an obtainable item in the Unlimited Neural Field.
- Once Brain Burst is uninstalled or erased, it also erases the memories of the player associated with it. That's one of the biggest reasons why the existence of the Accelerated World remains hidden.
- There is a forbidden command for Level 9 or higher Burst Linkers called "Physical Full Burst" which allows them to move many times faster then normal, however at the cost of 99% of their BB Points.
- A version of Burst Linker's Fluctlight is stored in Brain Burst's main server.
- The game is Trial #2 while Accel Assault 2038 is Trial #1 and Cosmos Corrupt 2040 is Trial #3. And out of these 3 games, only Trial #2 Brain Burst 2039 still remain operating in current story timeline.